Restoring the Play Space in Geldeston.
My name is Vanessa and I am leading the community project in Geldeston called “Let’s Play!” to restore our village play area.
We have an existing play space behind the Kells Estate on Geldeston Hill that we wish to develop into an exciting, fun and safe place for children to play, that:
- Appeals to a range of ages and abilities
- Is inclusive of children with physical or learning disabilities
- Is respectful of the current surrounding environment
- Involves the local children and their families
in its design and build (if possible)
- incorporates robust materials, resistant to damage
Our working group has drawn up a project specification, which gives an idea of our requirements. I am working on this project with Geldeston Parish Council and have now approached suppliers for quotes.
We are very keen to work collaboratively, bringing together the suppliers, with their wealth of experience, and the ideas of our local children and their families to really shape this project.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in helping with, please do get in touch with me.