The East Anglian Air Ambulance
offers a Basic Life-Support Training session for community groups
Each fast-paced session (maximum 20 people per session) will last about an hour and covers:
- Introduction and facts / figures about out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (heart attack),
- The chain of survival,
- primary assessment of casualty (DRsABC),
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) explained and demonstrated,
- Hands-on CPR practice techniques using latest Bluetooth-enabled manikins,
- Introduction to defibrillation and use of AED (defibrillator),
- Practice in using a defibrillator (AED), training version,
- Recap and questions.
The trainer, a current Air Ambulance senior Critical-Care Paramedic, will also “bust some myths” about using a defibrillator (AED).
Mark Milsom of the East Anglian Air Ambulance is guest speaker at Kirby Cane & Ellingham’s Annual Parish Meeting this year, on Thursday, 4 April.